Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sanity Never Came My Way...


To be clear, this is not a Phish blog. It just so happens that the momenuts return of "The Boys" inspired me to get back on the horse. And frankly, It's the most damn exciting thing I got going on. These types of events bring everyone in my life a little bit closer and our spread across America, AMERICA!, seems all the bit smaller. Texts from Karl, Howard, Spaulding, Jeff and Big "Hellin a Bucket" Joe all hit last night. I can't remember when I have talked to so many of my close friends all in the same weekend. This is what it is all about. The community that goes along with these events is probably the strongest piece of the puzzle for this return to Hampton. The Return. That feels nice. That said lets chat a little more about the details of the night.

All reports from my crack field team in Hampton have nothing but rave reviews on last evening. Stories of the 2 hour 1st set, front row hygincs, Gordo's purple (probably aubergene) pants with sleeveless T, and flawless tone are pouring in from all who attended. Our Top Hampton Correspondant, Jeff B, threw down strong on the floor and brought us the first shots of our boys. Karl sat Crow's nest and took it all in. By all, you can assume I am not just referencing music. Just had my first listen of the show from http://www.livephish.com/ and I must agree that it is sharp, loose, fun, open and tight. Many tune's weren't overly drawn out but flawlessly played with a lot of energy.

Karl seems ready to continue the fight for another day. My last correspondance with him envolved him laughing untrollably from inside the Spaceship and eventually lunching himself right off the phone. Sounds like its gonna be another one of those nights for our correspondants in the field. Thanks for the first shots of the Show!

Skeet....Skeet for the phish......

4 comments:

  1. This is good medicine-in attendance or not. The butterflies, the anticipation, the skeet. "what's next?" is the place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My solo with fish at the end of yem is swingin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not sure i know of another place in the world right now where it's okay to drink beer in a hotel parking lot until 3am while kids rip through nitrous balloons and fall all over themselves. "hey karl, you just won the super bowl!" "i'm going to hampton!!"

    ReplyDelete

comment...or else